Karen's Reviews > You're Next

You're Next by Gregg Hurwitz

Sep 07, 11

bookshelves: favorites, survival, suspense, thriller
Read in August, 2011

Wow, oh WOW! "You're Next" by Greg Hurwitz is a page turner! The novel is about Mike, who is left on his own at age 4 so his childhood is not so great. He overcomes that though and things go well until one day people start coming after him, his wife, and even his daughter! He turns to his one true friend from childhood for help. I really enjoyed the ride this book gave me. Make the time to enjoy it for yourself!
(Gerard's review)

Karen's review:
"You’re Next" is a complex and mysterious novel about a family man who goes to great lengths to protect his wife and little girl from being killed by the bad men who are after him because of who he is. Mike was abandoned at the age of 4 and grew up in foster care waiting for his dad to come back for him. He made a good life for himself but when he found out he and his family were in danger and couldn’t go to the cops for help because there was an alert out that he was a suspected terrorist, he turned to a friend from his childhood.

I liked this book because it had lots of suspense, action and mystery to keep me reading. Although I was confused at the beginning because it jumped around a bit, I stuck with it and the second half really took off. I felt the pressure Mike was under and really liked the Casino caper when Mike tore the safe out of the wall of the office with the help of his friend, Shep. It has a great ending and emphasizes the importance of stamina and loyalty. Never give up! I read this because Gerard said it was so good now I recommend it to you--you're next!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You're Next.