Bryan Trimboli's Reviews > My Boring-Ass Life: The Uncomfortably Candid Diary of Kevin Smith

My Boring-Ass Life by Kevin Smith

Aug 25, 11

First a positioning statement: I'm a HUGE Kevin Smith fan. I've seen everything he's made. I own the comic books he's written. Some of my most prized posessions are an autographed set of Clerks In-Action figures and my autographed Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back DVD. I even went on a pilgrimage to the Tri-Town area of New Jersey in which I visited the real Quick Stop, RST Video, Highland High School, and the comic shop Smith owns. So, yeah, I'm a fan.

Therefore, I REALLY wanted to like this book. Unfortunately, the title just didn't turn out to be ironic. He details every mundane detail of his day-to-day life. It was interesting at first to see how this small town, Jersey guy lives now that he's a rich LA movie director, but after a while it became tedious.

To be fair, I didn't finish the book and there might have been some really kick ass stuff later (I did hear there were some poignent parts dealing with his helping Jason Mewes through problems with addiction), but I just couldn't hang.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Boring-Ass Life.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brittany Cormier Then skip the part about Jason Mewes' drug addiction. I promise you it is worth it.

Bryan Trimboli Thanks for tip, Brittany, I'll revisit it.