Jill's Reviews > Deliver Us From Evil

Deliver Us From Evil by David Baldacci

Sep 01, 11

bookshelves: mystery-horror
Read from August 25 to September 01, 2011

This is a very fast-paced, intense book featuring Shaw, the secret government agent first featured in Baldacci's The Whole Truth. In this book, Shaw joins forces with an unofficial group dedicated to hunting and killing the world's worst monsters -- ex-Nazi's, etc. I enjoyed this book immensely, though from time to time I found I needed to separate myself from the intensity ... definitely not a good book to take to bed if you hope to get to sleep. All the elements that readers have come to expect from Baldacci are present, including romance, fast-paced action, and a few incredible miracles thrown in. Throw in some very likeable characters, some very hate-able characters, and some fairly complex characters who you may love one minute and want to throttle the next, and it makes for a good read. No spoilers, so just buy the book (or do as I did and check it out at the library) and start reading! Don't be put off by my 4-star rating ... for me, four stars is the equivalent of five for most people, as I save the 5-star rating for books I found to be not only enjoyable, but that also have the potential to become timeless classics.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deliver Us From Evil.

08/29/2011 page 279