Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}'s Reviews > The Devil in Winter

The Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas

Sep 20, 11

bookshelves: next-in-series, historical, romance, kindle, read-in-2011, british, series-continue
Read on August 26, 2011

Never have I experienced such a u-turn in my opinion of a character.

I was absolutely livid and appalled when I learned Sebastian would be marrying Evie in the last book. Such a vile man doesn't deserve happiness. Her shy and vulnerable nature would surely be crushed under the manipulative man-slut, St Vincent. And after getting over my disappointment in the author and looking at the ratings for this book, my curiosity got the better of me. I went into reading this expecting the worst but in reality I came out the other side with major respect for the author.

Never in a million years did I expect to like Sebastian after what he did. Kudos to Kleypas for changing my mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil in Winter.

Quotes Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“It’s impossible,” he snapped.

“Why?”

“Because I’m Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent. I can’t be celibate. Everyone knows that.”

Lisa Kleypas
“It's a mistake, you know. You have no idea what you'll be exposed to...the obscenities and lewd comments, the lecherous gazes, the groping and pinching...and that's just my house. Imagine what it would be like here.”

Lisa Kleypas
“A man's vanity is more fragile that you might think. It's easy for us to mistake shyness for coldness, and silence for indifference.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Evie ” came his faint whisper “I’m going to your mother see…she’s got ’em to leave a back door open…so I can steal into ’eaven.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Ghost?” St. Vincent shot him an incredulous glance. “Christ. You’re not serious, are you?”

"I’m a Gypsy,” Cam replied matter-of-factly. “Of course I believe in ghosts.”

“Only half Gypsy. Which led me to assume that the rest of you was at least marginally sane and rational.”

“The other half is Irish,” Cam said a touch apologetically.

“Christ,” St. Vincent said again, shaking his head as he strode away.”
tags: humor