My Book Friend 's Reviews > Breathe

Breathe by Abbi Glines

Aug 28, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from August 23 to 24, 2011

Sadie has never had an easy life. She acts more like an adult than her mother does, so she is forced to take care of her. Life gets even worse when her mother becomes too pregnant to work for her house-keeping job, and Sadie has to take over.

Although cleaning a house is the last thing Sadie wants to do during her summer, life gets a bit more interesting when she finds out the person whose house she is cleaning belongs to the international super-star, Jax Stone. Although Sadie is not the kind of girl to care about that stuff (she has more important things to spend her time on), Sadie is surprised when it seems as though Jax is actually showing interest in her. With Jax and Sadie, it is hard to become something more than friends, though. Sadie goes home to an unappreciative mother, whereas Jax comes home to Sadie cleaning his home for a living.

As different as their lives are, Sadie still falls for Jax and let’s just say the feeling is mutual.

I really and truly enjoyed this book! I was constantly being drawn back into the story, and this book seemed to have the right amount of everything. The story was dramatic, and the realization of how different their lives were was so interesting to read- I read it in one sitting! I really enjoyed the writing style, too- kudos to Abbi Glines!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathe.