Justyn Rampa's Reviews > Taran Wanderer

Taran Wanderer by Lloyd Alexander

Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: childrens, classics, fantasy
Read from September 01 to 05, 2011

This book was primarily concerned with the passage from child to adult as Taran comes to grips with all the questions of his origin and attempts to discover who he really is. The story was compelling despite the lack of mythology present in the other books. By that I mean to say that everything in this book is basically stand alone despite some references and some familiar characters.

There were several bad guys in the book. One in particular I would have liked to spend a little more time with, but still appropriately terrifying.

I think the next book will be an emotional one was the Chronicles of Prydain finally come to an end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taran Wanderer.

09/01/2011 page 20
7.0% "Taran begins this book as a journey to find himself and discover who he really is for good or ill. I am excited that the first place he is going to visit brings up back to the strange lair of Orddu, Orgoch, and Orwen:-) Also, Lloyd Alexander's author notes may be the most adorable, warm author notes ever."
09/04/2011 page 125
46.0% "So I wasn't in love with this book because it seemed to have a direct focus but was rather the Prydain equivalent of a road trip. I enjoyed well it enough, but still. Then Lloyd Alexander introduces perhaps the most terrifying villain yet who it turns out has had a hand in earlier events from previous books. Well done, Lloyd, well done. Also, I'm interested to see how they get out of this one:-)"