Justyn Rampa's Reviews > The Black Cauldron

The Black Cauldron by Lloyd Alexander

Aug 28, 11

bookshelves: childrens, classics, fantasy
Read from August 26 to 28, 2011

A truly wonderful book that delivered on its promise to be a bit darker with a bit more at stake!

Wonderful characters with lives outside the book!

My only wish is to spend more time with these characters and understand more about them and there history together. I do have three books left, actually four if I count the collection of short stories. I eagerly await to spend more time in this world though it is with a heavy heart that I creep closer to having to leave it.

Taran is definitely showing signs of growing up in this book. My only real criticism is that things sometimes feel as though they are happening so fast in the book mostly because it isn't very long and Alexander keeps the plot moving at a rather rapid pace.

Wonderful wonderful book!

On to the next:-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Cauldron.

08/26/2011 page 16
7.0% "It is wonderful to be back in this world again! I mean...I know I just left it last night, but still. The Author's Notes are also enjoyable. Lloyd Alexander gave the indication that things would start to get a bit darker as Taran starts to grow up. Lovely. I am even more excited for the rest of the series now."
08/27/2011 page 101
44.0% ""And thus he died". Very sad to see a rather awesome character leave the story. Only a book and a half into the series, I can definitely see why fans would clamor for more stories of Pyrdian!"