08andreb's Reviews > EndWar

EndWar by Tom Clancy

Dec 11, 11

bookshelves: book-reports

The Middle East is a wasteland, Russia and Canada are the world’s leading oil suppliers, and World War 3 has just broken out. This is the beginning of the end. Tom Clancy’s Endwar is about the Russian government invading Canada in a quest to be the world’s leading oil supplier. The only ones with the power to stop them are the U.S. Special Forces. In the beginning of the book, Sgt. Nathan Vatz and his team are on a mission to capture a Russian colonel who is believed to possess valuable info about the Russian Army.
This book has so many great characters it would take pages to describe them all, which leads to my only major complaint about the book. I had a hard time keeping track of all the different characters. To help with this, the author, David Michaels, includes a helpful cast of characters page at the beginning of the book plus maps to help you understand where the book takes place.
This is a great book but it’s not for everyone. If you like action, this is a great book for you, and if you like special forces you would also like it. Some people may think “Well I wouldn’t like this book because it’s based on a video game.” But as a fan of the Endwar video game I can honestly say about the only thing the two share is the title. Most of this book takes place in Canada and in the game you can’t even go there so don’t let that stop you from reading this great book.
This book is amazing. Great writing, original story, and a great cast of characters. It’s like someone turned an Oscar-worthy war movie into a book. This one of my favorite books I have ever read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read EndWar.