Heather C's Reviews > Divide & Conquer

Divide & Conquer by Abigail Roux

Aug 08, 2012

bookshelves: cloud, cliffhanger-hell, series, contemporary-romance, ebook, m-m, review-on-amazon
Read from August 05 to 06, 2012

H#&? F$&@#^% S%#&!!!!

All you need to know is:

**May contain spoilers...so you've been warned**

♦ The mystery isn't really a mystery
♦ There is hilarious texting
♦ There is "uncomfortable and precarious and unbelievably fucking hot" door sex
♦ There is romantic, slow dancing with a declaration of...something important
♦ There is jealousy
♦ Somebody gets injured...again
♦ There is a lot of angst
♦ Somebody "comes out"
♦ They get blown up...a few more times
♦ There is an Oh.My.God ending
...so don't forget to thank the book gods that the next one is already released!!!

How do I feel?
I'm still really loving Ty and Zane, but both of them are really frustrating in this book. They have so many really sweet and sexy moments, and then the next page I'm wanting to smash their heads together and jump up and down and stomp on my Kindle and scream at the top of my lungs, "Why? Why? Why? Why can't you just admit you love each other and live happily ever after already? Man up and own it!" And then I would thoughtfully tilt my head to the side and say, "But then that wouldn't be the real Ty and Zane." Ugh! Men!!

Made it this far; there's no turning back now.
25 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divide & Conquer.

08/05/2012
8.0% ""Dinner later. My house. Bring clothes for the weekend, 'cause you won't be making it home." ~ Ty"
show 1 hidden update…

Bdblover aaa333 you didn't read this one ?!! the 3rd and 4th and 5th ( especially the 5th ) are the best in the series !! it's totally worth your time ! read it

Heather C I'm getting there!! Waiting in someone else

Bdblover lol okay , you said you had no books to read I was going to propose zero at the bone and I just saw you already read it ! how amazing was that book ! how intense !!

Heather C Bdblover wrote: "lol okay , you said you had no books to read I was going to propose zero at the bone and I just saw you already read it ! how amazing was that book ! how intense !!"

I loved that one too! And Shades of Gray

Bdblover I'm reading it right now , hope I like it , but the reviews are positive enough !

Heather C Have you read Life Lessons?

Bdblover noo not yet ! I know the series I just keep hesitating ! you think I should read it ?

Heather C Bdblover wrote: "noo not yet ! I know the series I just keep hesitating ! you think I should read it ?"

Hmm...why are you hesitating?

Bdblover I don't know , maybe I'll start it right after I finish Special Forces ! and who we are by TJ Klune ! did you read that one ?

Heather C I haven't read Klune. And you HAVE to read Life Lessons!!

Bdblover I know I know !! don't worry now they are the next on my list ! as soon as I finish Klune's !

message 12: by Finn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finn Marlowe You are so right - if Ty and Zane did things easy, they wouldn't be Ty and Zane. Ooh, that door sex scene - hot!

Heather C Finn wrote: "You are so right - if Ty and Zane did things easy, they wouldn't be Ty and Zane. Ooh, that door sex scene - hot!"

Omg! I think I need to reread that scene!

message 14: by Finn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finn Marlowe good idea!

Edina Rose They make me mad, too. I don't know why I'm still reading this soap opera series but I just CAN'T stop! I gues I just love the two idiots!

Heather C They ARE idiots!!!

Chris And hey, there's a little freebie #5.5 out now, too: Dine & Dash

Heather C Ooh can't read that yet! Thanks for sharing, Chris!

Chris You're very welcome. :)

Leigh Awesome review, HC! Now I want to go back and reread!!! You nailed these boys so perfectly!!

Chris - OMG, I didn't know about 5.5! Ahhhhh!!! Thanks!! :)

Chris Leigh wrote: "Chris - OMG, I didn't know about 5.5! Ahhhhh!!! Thanks!! :)"

Welcome! :)

Heather C Leigh wrote: "Awesome review, HC! Now I want to go back and reread!!! You nailed these boys so perfectly!!"

Thanks, Leigh. I was trying really hard not to use the "F" in a review for once, but then I realized I used it quoting Zane. FAIL!!

Leigh Lol! Oops! Well you know my thoughts - I LOVE the F word! ;)

Heather C Yeah I know. Lol

JennyWren damn. i want to read these books for the first time again. and again. soooooooooooo goooooooooooood :)

Heather C Lol. Can only read for the first time once...that's why I'm taking my time

Kelly H. (Maybedog) But they were so close in the last book! Argh! Damn Zane.

Heather C It's good. Read it

Kelly H. (Maybedog) I did yesterday. This was definitely my favorite in the series so far. Effing ending though... I read Fish&Chips the day before and I did not want to read a third so soon. I wanted to savor them!

I was actually was only mad at Ty once twice in this book and it was just briefly in the scene with Nick walking home from the bar and then immediately after on the stoop before Zane came out.  Usually I find several reasons to get mad at him but in this and actually the third book as well, he's damn near Mr. Perfect. I actually began thinking that Ty doesn't really even seem like the same person as the first book. This Ty is happy and sweet and kind and gentle and vulnerable and angry only when appropriate. I line him more and more with each book. But I miss the shirts; I think there were only two in this one.