Melanie McCullough's Reviews > The Juliet Spell

The Juliet Spell by Douglas Rees

Dec 18, 11

bookshelves: ng-arcs
Read in September, 2011

Okay, so it wasn't a literary masterpiece, but it wasn't trying to be so I don't feel the need to judge it as such. It wasn't deep or thought-provoking, it was merely what it set out to be--a fun, light, quick read. One which I found enjoyable if a little simplistic.

There were a few things that left me scratching my head, like the fact that everyone seems to so easily accept the fact that there's this boy from Elizabethan England that Miranda magically transported to present day. Fine, I knew this was going to happen but I would've expected a little more shock and disbelief before everyone just started making him feel at home.

Other than that, I really liked it. It reminded me a little of the teen-girl movies I love watching. They make little sense but it doesn't make them any less enjoyable. As long as you're not expecting too much, I think you'll find The Juliet Spell worth your time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Juliet Spell.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet Thank you for your comment.
"It reminded me a little of the teen-girl movies I love watching. They make little sense but it doesn't make them any less enjoyable."
I think a fun, light, quick-read book can be fine without expecting much, but a "meaning" even in such a book can be meaningful.