Sara's Reviews > Sweet Venom

Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs

Aug 25, 2011

Read in August, 2011

Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs follows a set of triplets who were raised separately. Grace who is a sweet girl next door who has just moved to town, Gretchen who was found on the streets and raised to be a monster fighter and Greer who was raised in a privileged household. When they find each other and find out their destiny as daughters of Medusa, huntresses who will protect the world from monsters that only they can see and banish, and that their lives will never be the same.

I really liked this book. It seemed more mature and edgy than Childs' other books without moving into older teen only territory. This was the first in the trilogy and provided a good setup to the characters and the mystery to come while still giving the reader a good story. I look forward to seeing how the romantic relationships that the girls have change in the next book. The mythology was well crafted and original. I finished the book very quickly and was always interested to know what would happen next.

Appropriateness: There was no adult content in this book. The girls are in their late teens and seem like high school students. The romances only consist of flirtation. I would recommend this book to readers 12+

Review copy provided by Amazon Vine

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Venom.