Anik's Reviews > Return To Sender

Return To Sender by Fern Michaels

U_50x66
Aug 25, 11

Read in August, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I just finished this book and I honnestly can't recall reading a worst story. EVER! I'm generally someone who always finds a redeeming quality to what I read but this time, it can't be done!

Where to start? The story is unbelievable from start to finish. I hated Lin's character almost from the start. She is made to pose as some king of hero but her want for revenge is not only ridiculous, it proves that she's just a tad crazy and not to bright to boot. Come on! Not a second she thought about the reasons Nick didn't respond other than is abandonnement. Wake up lady!

About the story... A girl find herself pregnant at 17, raises her baby by herself, become very wealthy and successfull, then sees the father of her son and decides out of the blue to get revenge. Her best friend jumps in with both feet (of course!) and they try by the stupidest ways possible to try to ruin him. During this time, he's fighting cancer and his wife is a mean bitch who want to off him. But wait! Then Lin falls in love with his doctor, tells her story to him and her son. Suddenly, no more revenge, let's go see daddy Will. Ridiculous. I was reminded of my daughters when they play and make up the story as they go. This book was like that for me. As if the author had no plan what so ever in writting it and tacked on bits and pieces on the way.

P.S. Forgive me if my English isn't always up to par, it isn't my first language.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Return To Sender.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melissa i enjoy this book. I like Fern Michaels. I like that you were given alot of information on the Lin life history so you could understand what she had been through in her life.