Amanda's Reviews > Lost Edens: A True Story

Lost Edens by Jamie Patterson

F 50x66
Aug 25, 2011

Read in August, 2011

Lost Edens is a well-written book describing the true accounts of a shattered marriage. In this book, Jamie wanted so badly for her marriage to work, that she could not see the terrible treatment from her husband and destructive behavior that was tearing her apart emotionally. I enjoyed the writing style of the book, recounting the memories of her time in San Diego, living an idealize version of what she wanted out of her marriage and life. She had the perfect beach car, beach house, family nearby, but a rotten husband.

Some questions I had: The animal abuse was only briefly mentioned - was there more to that? And what was the extent of physical abuse that Ben inflicted (on the animals, and any toward Jamie)? And in reading this book, a reoccurring thought was how the line can be blurred between wanting to make your spouse happy (getting his favorite cereal, etc.) and doing things for him to avoid an argument. Did Jamie realize at the time the difference, or does anyone?

I would certainly read more from this author, but hopefully a more uplifting topic of where her life has taken her since (I have to image it's only going to get better from here).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost Edens.