Kevin Allmaras's Reviews > Sunset Express

Sunset Express by Robert Crais

M_50x66
Aug 27, 11

I enjoy the Elvis Cole series. For me always a fast read. Not to much mystery in this story, more about getting to the culprits and proving it. The story starts as a famous restaurant owner may or may not have killed his wife. When the body is found one of the four detectives Angela Rossi goes down the treacherous hill to examine the body. Her history is one of trying to become the first female chief of detectives. Her aggressiveness in this pursuit has caused her many problems and made her a target for Teddy the restaurant owner defense team. As the defense teams lead attorney the famous Johnathon Greene hires Elvis and Joe Pike to look into Rossi and then various called in leads. When Elvis see's that Rossi is a good but over zealous cop and reports it that way he notices a strange change in the defense teams behavior. When Elvis gets credit for discovering the possible kidnappers things really start to pick up. Was evidence planted? Is he now part of something he did not sign up for? What is the truth? A lot of side emotion with Elvis and his girlfriend Luci and her son Ben. Not bad maybe I thought it came off as filler to the main story. A little too much of them. I do enjoy this series. Maybe this book didn't have enough meat in it for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunset Express.