Liisa's Reviews > Deadly Gamble

Deadly Gamble by Linda Lael Miller

Apr 15, 2008

bookshelves: fab-chick-lit, vampire-werewolves-witches-mystical, trilogies-and-series, mcbook-choice
Recommended to Liisa by: My friend Marleen
Recommended for: fans of the "Stephanie Plum" series by Janet Evanovich
Read in April, 2008

"Deadly Gamble" is written in the same formula as the very funny and popular Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.

Instead of Stephanie, we have Mojo Sheepshanks; a likeable (& bumbling) Medical Billings Clerk (and part-time P.I.) who sees dead people!

Rather than Trenton, New Jersey, Mojo lives in Arizona ... and above Bad-Ass Bert's Biker Saloon to boot!

And finally, instead of Jersey cop Joe Morelli, we have the Narcotics Cop, Tucker who gives as good as he gets.

I don't say this to be cruel, especially as I thoroughly enjoyed this book and bought the sequel (Deadly Deceptions) when I was only half way through, but I must admit at times I felt like I was reading a Janet Evanovich knock-off. On the outside, looks the same, but just not quite the same quality.

Still, it's a great concept (a P.I. who sees Dead People) and I loved the way it ended. Honestly? I cannot wait to start the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Gamble.