Sammy Goode's Reviews > Rhapsody for Piano and Ghost

Rhapsody for Piano and Ghost by Z.A. Maxfield

Jan 19, 12

Read from January 16 to 19, 2012

Dinner, dancing, nice music, boy gets boy, hot yet achingly tender and loving sex...really what more could one ask for? Oh, did I forget to mention the two gay ghosts? And I think I left out the smarmy drug dealing loser who almost derails the boy gets boy part too. Then there's the attempted robbery and one of the MC's being left in a dumpster by the aforementioned smarmy drug dealing loser...and oh that's right one of the MC's is a former singer in a boy band and the other is a piano virtuoso and they are sort of related but not really...and they are both filthy rich which is what lured the smarmy drug dealing loser to begin with. Let's see...did I miss anything? Well, of course it goes without saying that the storyline was rich in details, made you feel like you were right there in the story and of course the characters were so fully fleshed out. I felt like I could reach out and touch them...wanted to spend time with them...really liked them so much and was caught up in worrying that the right guys (Fitz and Ari) wouldn't eventually get together but of course they did and that was so sweet and so nicely written...and of course the sex...admittedly not lots but what there furthered the storyline and wasn't just gratuitous or hastily done as an afterthought or the only thought! (I mean all that goes without saying cause c'mon this IS a Z.A. Maxfield novel--what do you expect?)

SO I guess that just leaves this...Rhapsody for Piano and Ghost by Z.A. Maxfield was a tender, multi-layered love story that worms it's way into your heart, makes its home there and leaves you not only sighing contentedly but smiling at the rightness, the sense that this is how life should be. We should all find the love of our life...and our soulmate for eternity. We should all experience a love that even death cannot diminish.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rhapsody for Piano and Ghost.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jayhjay (new) - added it

Jayhjay Was this your bingo read? Glad you like it

Sammy Goode It was. But it was on my TBR pile for a while. I so enjoy this author!

message 3: by Jayhjay (new) - added it

Jayhjay Yes, I have had it on and off my to read pile forever. For some reason nothing has quite prompted me to pick it up, although I love ZAMs stuff. I ended up reading The Tourist for ghost bingo, another book long on my to read list.

Sammy Goode I will tell you it (in my opinion) is not one of her best. But she is a consummate story teller and that shines through as always!