Amanda's Reviews > Chocolat

Chocolat by Joanne Harris

Oct 26, 2011

Read from August 25 to October 16, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

It seems I took my time reading the book Chocolat.

As for 'getting into the book' that was difficult. I kept comparing the book with the movie.
What a huge difference! Even the 'looks' are different. In the book Vianne has long black hair, and Roux, played by Johnny Depp in the movie, has red hair.

The movie is really great, but it is not like the book. So much detail has gone missing in the movie.

I enjoyed the book very much, but I would rather see the movie and the book as two different stories.

4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chocolat.

09/27/2011

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia Grundling Keep us updated ... :)

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia Grundling I hate it when they do that in movies - change something!!

Lidia I agree, Amanda. But I have read the book long before the movie. So, actually I was a bit disappointed with the movie, though the acting was still good.

Then also, wasn't the movie made in America?

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia Grundling any movie with juliette binoche, judi dench and johnny depp is excellent. :)

The film was shot in the village of Flavigny-sur-Ozerain in Burgundy, France, and on the Rue De L'ancienne Poste in Beynac-et-Cazenac on the Dordogne River in Dordogne, France. The river scenes were filmed at Fonthill Lake at Fonthill Bishop in Wiltshire, England and interior scenes at Shepperton Studios, Surrey, England.