Victoria's Reviews > Proud Greek, Ruthless Revenge

Proud Greek, Ruthless Revenge by Chantelle Shaw

Aug 25, 11

bookshelves: great-but-not-perfect, harlequin, hot-guys, contemporary-romance
Read on August 25, 2011

It was an ok book. I mean, it started off good and all. I did enjoy it. But I dunno, I felt it was lacking something to make it simply perfect. Maybe its just me, though.

However, I did enjoy their romance. I liked seeing how much she meant to him from his point of view. However, in this case, I couldn't really get why she loved him. I mean, he was nice and all, but I didn't understand why she suddenly felt her heart was in danger. Sure, he's hot, rich, sweet, nice, funny, but that doesn't mean everyone's gonna fall in love with him? I dunno, perhaps it would have been more convincing to say how she fell in love with him. Cos just sleeping together every night won't make you fall in love. Ok I think what i'm mainly trying to say is that I couldn't feel her love for him.

I must say though, I loved the beginning. The deal that he struck with her was screwed up, but well, that deal did lead them to falling in love with each other! I guess the beginning was better than the end...

Um, but I did enjoy seeing more of the guy's, whatever his name was, thoughts and I could actually see the depth of his love for her.

Overall, it was a pretty alright book. Nothing special, but not bad either. Pace was pretty fine I think but the conversation between them after they sorted out their problems weren't impactful. I did enjoy their quarrels though, it was heated enough and emotional enough. One thing I couldn't stand was how he just leapt to conclusions and convicted her. But at least he had the decency to apologise later and his apology was pretty good actually!

Eh, one last thing. I liked how she left him. That one I could remember... It was pretty nice and he was actually a very decent man when he actually deposited money into her father's bank. Haha I realised that if I had written this review straight after reading I would have given it 4 stars, now after reading an excellent book and doing 2 reviews for excellent books, I can only give this 3 stars.

Oh and sorry for the incoherence in this review. I realise my reviews are mostly incoherent, but this is extra incoherent, I guess cos its 2.25am and I did reviews for 2 other excellent books so this book doesn't really strike a chord with me... I barely remember it, though I just read it today...
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Proud Greek, Ruthless Revenge.

08/24/2011 page 60