Jae's Reviews > The Heart of a Killer

The Heart of a Killer by Jaci Burton

3491949
Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: arc, contemporary, suspence, holee-molee-hot-fbi-agent, hot-shagging-action, 2011
Read in September, 2011

Anna, Dante, Gabe, Jeff and Roman had accidentally killed a man 12 yrs ago when they were kids. The man had attacked Anna and carved a heart over her breast with a knife. Luckily the guys were around to help her and had unintentionally killed him. They fled from the crime scene and kept it secret.

And now at present time a man was on a killing spree killing off people closed to them all, in the same manner by carving a heart on their chests. So now they must find that other person who must have witnessed them 12 years ago.

I am rating it 4 stars for the mystery and suspense part alone. Coz I didn't feel the connection and sizzles between Dante and Anna. For a long time boyfriend-girlfriend who hadn't seen each other for 12 years, I would have expected their reunion sex to be scorching and explosive. But they were too cool and calculated with each other, I was pulling my hair with frustrations.

Still, I was very impressed with the twisty plot. Looking forward to book #2, hopefully it'll be Gabe's story.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heart of a Killer.

09/01/2011
43.0% "And still no sex. I'm a bit surprise. Did Jaci Burton really write this???"
09/04/2011
60.0% "Annnnnnnnnnddddd they did it! About time too."

Elizabeth (Liz) Really?! That *is* odd!

message 2: by Jae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jae Very odd indeed.
The minute they did it, I'll post again.

Elizabeth (Liz) Wow! Over halfway in, huh? That has to be some kind of record for a JB book! LOL!! Is the book good otherwise?

message 4: by Jae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jae The mystery part is very twisty good. Very hard to guess whodunnit, actually. I had my suspicions and then BAM! he got killed off. And now I'm fresh of suspects.
So, I'd say the book is good.

Elizabeth (Liz) Excellent! Thanks:)