Obscured Vixen's Reviews > Glory in Death

Glory in Death by J.D. Robb

Aug 24, 11

bookshelves: romance, suspense

LOVED this book! Can’t tell you how much I enjoyed this book. Since this is the second book of the series, JD Robb takes off right from the start. The crime story and love story were more much more developed than Naked in Death, and it was awesome.

Eve is thrown into another murder case, and this one leads right to her front door. She can link herself to the other women being murdered and puts herself on the news as bait. The only thing I did not like about this story was how Roarke is always tied to every one of Eve’s cases. I mean, come on, what are the odds!

We get to see more of a glimpse into Eve’s past… but just enough to keep you frustrated to read the next book (which of course I will!).

Eve finally admits to herself (and Roarke!) that she is in love with him. And I must admit that I love the dynamic of their relationship. Robb created a complicated, aggressive, frustrating, passionate and extremely refreshing to read. There are not many relationships in books that have captivated me the way Eve’s and Roarke’s have.

And that scene when they go to Mexico so Eve can relax? *fans self* Wow. Can I get me some of that?

A definite recommend, and I cannot wait to read the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glory in Death.