Jen's Reviews > Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul

Captivating by John Eldredge

6120608
It's a wonderful book. I started reading it on a trolley and could have missed my stop, I was so drawn in. One of the first images was of beautiful and strong Arwen helping hero Frodo from the Lord of the Rings. I knew then this book could speak to young me.

The writer is so gentle and authentic, and writes about women with real modern struggles. Yet, she writes about a loving God who can take care of all of this, and help us see ourselves as the "captivating" women He made us to be. I recommend this book for anyone, and I would love to give this book to a teenage reader to save them from years of confusion and negativity, especially in today's environment.

Sidenote. I was reading about healing in a sad moment, and on a whim, prayed the prayer it asked. Show me how God loves me, because I need you now. I expected to wait patiently for a sign in maybe 3 days, as we aren;t supposed to expect easy answers...Nope, I got 3 text messages 2 minutes later from friends inviting me to do something. All 3 different friend groups. At that point, that had never happened before. Now it happens all the time...but that's a different prayer answered.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captivating.