Rachel's Reviews > Along for the Ride

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Oct 25, 11

bookshelves: want-to-own, modern-love-stories
Read from August 24 to 29, 2011

Last month I read What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen. This month I read Along for the Ride by her. Auden is spending the summer living with her dad and his new wife, Heidi, and their daughter Thisbe Caroline West (or Isby as Auden calls her). I really liked it. Auden is an academic girl, with a mom who teaches graduates and a dad who is an author. She never been very social, never went to prom. She didn't know what to do with her summer, so she ends up in Colby, NC. She works at Heidi's store and makes some friends. And Eli. The insomniac wanderer and biker. There's something about Auden. There's something about Eli. Auden learns a lot in the summer. So do a lot of the other character. Auden gets to learn how to ride a bike, even buying one at the end of the summer, and getting to finally go to prom. She goes along for the ride with life's wild ride (if that makes any sense at all). I think I liked this novel better than the last SD one I read, but both were good. I think I am a lot like Auden. I also really liked some of the names in this books: Auden, Leah, Esther, Maggie, Morgan, Isabel, Eli, Hollis, Lauren or Laura, Tara. SD comes up with such good names for her characters. Auden is certainly an original. I have never learned to ride a bike, and it's something I would like to do before I go to college.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along for the Ride.