Rachel's Reviews > Across the Universe

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Feb 20, 12

bookshelves: dystopian-fantasy

Across the Universe by Beth Revis was a haunting and breathtaking novel. I can't wait to read the sequel. Amy leaves her whole life behind on earth to travel to Centauri-Earth to help begin a new planet with her parents. But years before they land, Amy is unplugged and must learn how to figure life out on a spaceship she knows nothing about. She doesn't recognize herself. Then there's Elder, the future leader of the ship, who questions Eldest's rule and morals. Together they try to unlock the secrets of Godspeed (the ship) and Elder tries to prove that he is ready to become a leader. Mesmerizing novel. I have more questions though, because not everything was explained clearly. Questions about the Plague. I liked how we got to see both Amy and Elders perspective and the personal challenges each went through. How they did what was right and tried to right the wrongs of Godspeed taking personal costs. The sequel is called A Million Suns.