Taylor's Reviews > Escape from Verona

Sep 07, 11

bookshelves: netgalley
Read from August 30 to September 07, 2011

You can see my full review here: Thoughts Of An Endless Dreamer

First off I’d like to thank Smith Publicity and Netgalley for the opportunity to read Escape From Verona.

A good friend of mine recommended this book to me while she was reading it, so I went to check out the synopsis. I’m a huge Shakespeare geek so anything that has to do with him or his work interests me, so needless to say I was immediately intrigued by this book. Romeo and Juilet is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays so I was really anxious to see how this story would turn out, and I have to say that I was amazed by this.

From the amount of rich detail in this story you can easily see that the author really took their time and did their research. The story flowed smoothly and was so well crafted that at times I almost forgot that this wasn’t how the original story played out. The events that happen after the couple faked their suicides and are on the run had me captivated to the very end. You can really feel the suspense and heartbreak that the couple experiences as you’re drawn into the story.

I thought the development of the characters was very well done. The author showed a new side to each of the characters so as the reader you get to know them in a different way, and I think that added some extra depth to the story. Now I admit that there were times when Romeo came off as slightly annoying, but I was able to over look that little issue because I was enjoying the story so much. I also thought that it was really neat that there were characters from other Shakespeare plays included in this book.

I definitely recommend this book, especially if you love Shakespeare! I’ll be re-reading this again for sure!

4.5 Stars!

Taylor

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Escape from Verona.

08/31/2011 page 82