Hannah-Linn's Reviews > Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception

Aug 24, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-summer-11, favorites, fairy-pixie-books, made-me-cry
Read in August, 2011

2/2/2012 update!
Just reread this book. I don't know why. I just felt like I needed something heartbreaking and beautiful after some of the other types of books I read lately.

Just wondering, if anyone is reading this review. What is your favorite part in this book? I just can't decide and I'm really trying.

Something I love about this book is how unique it is. It's mysterious and scary and hopeless, and the end is so achingly sad.

I love this book. This is my second review. for it. I didn't like Ballad the way I liked this one. I don't even think I finished it. I just always end up coming back to this and rereading my favorite parts when I'm in the mood.

Previous review here:
Oh Maggie Stiefvater!! Oh, How I love your writing! Oh, how I freaking love this womans writing!!

This book was so good, you have no idea. The only thing I'm wondering right this moment is why the heck I haven't read it before!!

This book was just plain gorgeous!! I loved all the characters. I loved Luke especially, but I think that was sort of the point. Oh how sad the ending is, but oh how beautiful this book it.

Maggie Stiefvater is just seriously gifted in the writing department. I've read the wolves of mercy falls novels and I have said before how they are the best werewolf books I've read. I have picked up Lament before, and now I'm just trying to figure out why I didn't read it before!!!

Overall, great book! Gorgeous. Incredibly sad ending, but a gorgeous book nonetheless. I'm a sucker for a fairie novel, but a fairie novel by maggie stiefvater? A-maz-ing!!! The story was gorgeous, and the romance was sweet and sexy and beautiful. Just be prepared to cry, because I did. Unless your not really the crying type, in which case you probably have no soul because this book had me bawling like a little baby.

Read this freaking book if you haven't already!! You will love it. I can (almost) guarantee it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lament.

Quotes Hannah-Linn Liked

Maggie Stiefvater
“Here is another secret: I have no business being fascinated by you.”

Maggie Stiefvater
“Luke', I said, and immediately added, 'My boyfriend.' My supernatural, doomed, gorgeous, killer boyfriend.”

Maggie Stiefvater
“When did you get so smart?"
He tapped his forehead. "Brain transplant. They put in a whale's. I'm passing all my classes with my eyes closed now, but I just can't get over this craving for krill." He shrugged. "And I feel sorry for the whale that got my brain. Probably swimming around Florida now trying to catch glimpses of girls in bikinis.”

Maggie Stiefvater
“Don't tell me that. I've lived in hell for the past thousand years. I spent a thousand years wishing I'd never been born. She's the only thing that's made my life worth living and if that's all I get, a few months with her- a few days, it's more than I've ever hoped for. Do you really think God would forgive me for the blood on my hands, even if my soul was free? I'm going to hell no matter what happens. Let me have my pathetic hopeless love while I can. Just- let me pretend it will turn out alright.”