Julie's Reviews > The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen

Feb 24, 12

Read from November 13 to 17, 2011

Great book and dry wit funny!

What I liked:

The characters! I really like Ella. She is smart, artsy, FUNNY, and has a great reason for a deeply ingrained insecurity about the large scar on her shoulder and part of her neck. She uses her hair and clothes to hide it, but none the less, it provides a barrier for her to really trust anyone in the love department.

He best friends are great. Frankie…oh my goodness I SO had a friend like him in high school! I just smiled every time I read about Frankie. Sadie is awesome in her own quiet way. I’m very interested to see this girl blossom if there will be more coming from Melissa Jensen in this world?

One of my LOL moments is Ella’s observation of Frankie and his brother Daniel. I enjoy Jensen’s descriptions and Ella’s voice so much:
Frankie looks like he might break your heart a little. Daniel looks like he might rip it from your chest, still beating, and bite it.

Of course we have Alex. The male leading character whose social status and good looks make him seem so unattainable. However, Jensen does a great job of weaving through this. I enjoy that Alex isn’t stereotypical.

Edward Willing is a hoot! I will not spoil his involvement in this story. But, I really like this character too and the dynamics he presents.

The romance in this book is sweet, well paced, and not once was I annoyed but it. I felt uncomfortable for a character or two sometimes, but for the scenes, that was what the author wass going for I think.

What I didn’t like:
I don’t like the Hannandas. You just have to read who this trio is for yourself. Ugh.

Overall: I really like this book! I laughed out loud at times. I really enjoyed the voice Jensen created in this book. I would love to be friends with these guys in real life. Not the Hannandas though…they can fly away on the brooms they flew in on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fine Art of Truth or Dare.

11/15/2011 page 107