Rita Webb's Reviews > Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary

Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull

Sep 09, 11

bookshelves: read-with-my-kids, read-in-2011, urban-fantasy, ya
Read from August 24 to September 09, 2011

For three books now, my family and I have grown to love these characters and this world. Each book has been more intense and faster paced than the one before. The stakes are higher, the problems tougher.

Now here is the fourth book, and it blew me away. From opening scene to the twists revealed in the climax, the book gripped me.

I loved the growth in Seth. He's learned to question his motives before charging into trouble, and he's learned wisdom to caution his courage. He and his sister Kendra truly make a remarkable team.

I hated and yet admired the twist at the end. Brandon Mull truly pulled the wool over my eyes, and at first, I hated him for it. Then I sat in awe. If only I could be that kind of writer...

A great family read. A great book for all ages.

One book left in the series. How on earth is he going to wrap this all up? Problem is that I don't really want the story to be wrapped up. I want it keep going.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary.

08/24/2011
33.0% "Brandon Mull has outdone himself."
08/28/2011
66.0% "I really love Seth's spunky love of adventure. Is this the same boy who once caused so much trouble?"
09/04/2011