Lora's Reviews > Curran, Vol. I

4632071
Aug 29, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, urban-fantasy
Read in August, 2011, read count: 1

Curran's POV Vol 1 is a free, online collection of four short scenes from Curran's POV set in the Kate Daniels series. There is one scene for each of the first four books in the series.

The first scene is when Curran and Kate first meet. It was definitely interesting to read his initial thoughts about Kate. And if you thought the "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty" thing was funny in Magic Bites, just wait until you read Curran's reaction to it. That had me rolling.

The second is when Kate is injured and Curran is unsure of whether Doolittle can save her. I think this is when Curran first begins to realize that he feels more than just irritation toward Kate. It was sweet to see the moment when he began to really care for her.

The third short scene is the one where Curran is trapped in the cage and must convince Julie to let him out. Personally, out of all of the possible scenes from Magic Strikes, I would've prefered the hot tub scene, but that's just me. All jokes aside, this scene was funny, cute, and insightful. (view spoiler)

"She had broken into my place, messed up my weights, and even put catnip into my bed. In retaliation I had glued that cute butt of hers into her office chair. In short we were doing the mating dance."

That quote is taken from the fourth, and my personal favorite, scene.

If there's one thing that I've learned from reading this it is that Curran's POV is often as humorous as Kate's, and reading this has reaffirmed my love for the Beast Lord.

You can read this collection here for free.
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curran, Vol. I.

Monique I laughed out loud when I read his reaction. Too funny! Thanks for the link. :)

message 2: by JustDemch (new) - added it