Michelle (Much Loved Books)'s Reviews > Dark Inside

Jul 15, 2014

bookshelves: signed-by-author
Read in August, 2011

Original review from Much Loved Books

From the minute I started Dark Inside I was hooked. It had all of my favourite things, earthquakes, zombie-ish people, adventure. The book is spilt into chapters which follow different people as they try to survive one day at a time, trusting very few people and only when they have too. Friends they thought were safe turn out not to be, and total strangers can actually help you survive.

There are ups and downs throughout this book as we see the characters lose loved ones, hide to keep themselves safe, and characters who we start to like die.
I cried, laughed and sat on the edge of my seat reading Dark Inside.

The writing is superb with enough action to keep you turning the page and mystery that keeps you guessing right till the end, and even beyond.
A chapter is posted by a mystery person/thing every so often and all throughout I was guessing what character's point of view it was, and I still don't know.

I really like how the country was affected in different ways, and how each group of people affected acted differently. I thought I would have gotten confused with all the different points of view, but I didn't. Each point of view fitted in brilliantly with the previous one, and by the time you returned back to the persons point of view you didn't feel like you had missed out on anything, or had to read it again.

Dark Inside has joined my bookcase with authors like Melissa Marr, Lesley Livingston, Richelle Mead, Patricia Briggs, Ilona Andrews, and I really can't wait for the sequel to be published next year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Inside.