Lisa's Reviews > Ditched: A Love Story

Aug 27, 11

bookshelves: y-a, netgalley
Read from August 24 to 27, 2011

3 and a half stars

I really enjoyed this. I thought that it was a funny, cute story and it kept my interest. It's nice to read a cute romantic comedy now and then. It wasn't as good as "Anna and the french kiss" by Stephanie Perkins or "Amy and Roger's epic detour" by Morgan Matson(for example) but it was quite sweet.

Some people might not like the main character but I did. She's just a girl trying to get rid of a "reputation", basically a girl trying to find out who she is and not be known for her past mistakes. She's not always perfect but I liked her character. She was funny and genuine.

The plot was fast paced and entertaining. It follows Justina on her prom night. She wants to take her friendship with her friend Ian to the next level and thinks prom night is the perfect night to do it. This leads to a funny night of mishaps. If this book is nothing else, it's amusing. Just the fact that she is wearing a blue dress with matching shoes, nail polish and corsage is enough to make me giggle. Especially when she describes herself as a blueberry.

And the daisy ring. Both sweet and funny. As well as the idea of the "Robin Hounds".

I like that the story is told in flashbacks to a couple of people at a convienence store. My only complaint(and its not huge) is that I wish I had gotten to see more of Ian and Justina together. Or even just Ian in general. He wasn't present in much of the book so there was no real sexual tension really. Because he was MIA most of the story.

However, from flashbacks and such, I got to see what a caring, sweet guy he was.

Yeah. This book has personality. It would make an entertaining movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ditched.

08/24/2011 page 35
12.0% "This has personality. yesss."
08/26/2011 page 110
38.0% "daisy ring. got a smirk out of me."