Td's Reviews > The Invisible Chains - Part 3: Bonds of Blood

The Invisible Chains - Part 3 by Andrew Ashling

Aug 24, 11

bookshelves: slaves, favorites, enemies-rivals-opposites-to-lovers, dark, angst, humor, wusses-beware
Read in August, 2011

There's nothing I can say that I haven't already in the first two parts so I won't get into anything lengthy even though I could talk about this story forever. I adore and am very attached to this story, the world of Ximerion and its characters. Out of all three parts, this is probably the one I'm drawn to the most. All the build-up, all the tension, everything pays off here. The events before, during and after the battle are spectacular and I GOT it. Excellent, loved it all!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Chains - Part 3.

Quotes Td Liked

Andrew Ashling
“I will give you a few guarantees of my own, Mukthar. I guarantee that before the sun sets, even if you win, even if my cold, dead body is lying on the field, you will rue the day you ever set foot in the Plains. For every inch you advance I'll exact gallons of Mukthar blood. I guarantee that there will be not one family of the Bear Mukthars or they will mourn at least one of theirs. I guarantee that even if you are triumphant the fruits of victory will taste like dust in your mouth. I guarantee that if you fail to kill me today, you will meet me again. You will meet me at the Ximerionian border. You will meet me at every city, town, village, and hamlet. You will meet me on every Amirathan crossroad, on every hill. I will fight you with every sword at my command, with every arrow, with every dagger. I will fight you with pitchforks. I will fight you with the very rocks of the land you try to conquer. I will never, never, never give up.

~Anaxantis, before the Battle of the Zinchara (May 29th, 1453 aed)
Andrew Ashling, The Invisible Chains - Part 3: Bonds of Blood