FleurRebelle9797's Reviews > Pride & Popularity

Aug 24, 11

Recommended to FleurRebelle9797 by: Wattpad
Recommended for: Teenagers and Young Adults
I own a copy, read count: 3

Pride & Popularity is a modern and almost refurbished telling of the original novel, Pride And Prejudice, by Jane Austen. I enjoyed Pride & Popularity in such a way that I had to read a couple of times over again to make myself believe that it was in fact, a fictional book with fictional characters as Jenni James' realism to the book makes the characters and their lives seem almost real. Also, telling the story in first person was an amazing advantage as almost every reader feels as if they were Chloe Elizabeth Hart or at least part of Pride & Popularity. Even if some of the characters seemed to be cliche, it honestly worked, because the storyline was such a classic. This book definitely does the original Pride and Prejudice justice and I know that Jenni has put a lot of effort into it - just read it! - you'll see just how outstanding the twists are and how even the structure of each sentence, paragraph and chapter, makes you fall in love with the story. As there are many people who do not like the classical genre, because of maybe the type of words used or the fact that they can't understand the structure; but they would like to read or understand the storyline of a classical book, this would be a great novel to read as it created many twists and turns that satisfied both the teenage genre, and young adult genre. Definitely a story that will remain at the top of your bookshelf forever!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride & Popularity.