Jo (My House of Books)'s Reviews > Oracle's Moon

Oracle's Moon by Thea Harrison

Aug 24, 2011

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 01 to 06, 2012

Oracle's Moon picks right up from where Serpent's Kiss ended in the continuing Elder Races series. I do think Oracle's Moon can be read alone, especially since Serpent's Kiss was my least favorite of the books. Oracle's Moon brought me back to what I loved about this series in the first place: extraordinary characters.

Grace Andreas never wanted to be an Oracle. Her older sister, Petra, inherited the gift, and Grace was just fine without that kind of added pressure. Then her sister and her brother-in-law are killed in an accident, Grace herself is injured, and she must attempt to raise her young niece and nephew while allowing the Oracle's power to integrate within her. Her introduction in Serpent's Kiss is how Grace became acquainted with Khalil, Djinn prince.

What I loved the most is that we see every aspect of Grace's life: the injury she'll continue to suffer from thanks to the accident; her financial concerns; her exploration of her innate ability plus the power of the Oracle; and raising her sister's children on top of all that. She first views Khalil as a nuisance, then comes to rely on him, especially to keep the children from harm. We see this unlikely couple fall in love -- and it's sweet and passionate and amazing. The subplot and major source of external conflict was a bit weak in my opinion, though I'm sure the repercussions will be felt by the entire Wyr world in future books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oracle's Moon.

03/02/2012 page 76
23.0% "Associating with this young Oracle was proving to be beneficial on many levels."
show 1 hidden update…