Byron 'Giggsy' Paul's Reviews > A Scanner Darkly [Graphic Novel]

A Scanner Darkly [Graphic Novel] by Philip K. Dick

Feb 19, 12

bookshelves: dickian, drug-drug-druggy, speculative-fiction
Recommended to Byron 'Giggsy' by: VALIS
Recommended for: fans of dystopias, drug culture, conspiracies, paranoia, sci-fi comics
Read in January, 2011 — I own a copy

This is pretty good in my opinion, probably close to 5-star, but PKD's book is better, and then since the graphic novel is based off the movie images and script, it falls a little short of actually watching Linklater's movie version.

If you like graphic novels and aren't familiar with PKD or the movie, I'd assume this would still be a good choice and enjoyable, and rank as a high quality graphic novel. I know some people are skeptical of the movie presented in rotoscope form, but I recommend it for sure, this graphic novel and the movie are far better than average at adapting science fiction as a whole and PKD's work specifically. The book can be said to be strange, but I don't think its a hard read, so anyone not afraid of words, I recommend reading the book most of all, and not be afraid of the movie, but yes, this graphic novel adaption is pretty good as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Scanner Darkly [Graphic Novel].