Maria's Reviews > The Reapers are the Angels

May 10, 2012

bookshelves: dystopia, ya, recommended, 2012-favorites
Recommended to Maria by: Tina
Read from May 02 to 04, 2012

I highly recommend The Reapers are the Angels.

*****

It will always be the zombie books that will make me cry. So strange. But it's true. There was Feed, then Dust & Decay, and now, The Reapers are the Angels. two days has passed since i finished this book and yet... i was still devastated. =(

Temple is uniquely at home at zombie-infested America. Even more fascinating is her being uncomfortable in those enclaves filled with people trying to just get by. She rather be travelling and smelling the rotted and acrid smell of the undead. She's going to my list of the best kick-*ass heroines ever! Another strong-willed and skilled girl who I will worship for her tenacity and guile to stay alive.

Somehow, Temple and Moses Todd has what I call a weird and f*cked-up relationship. It is by no means friendly and yet there's a mutual respect. How the author develop their relationship is unbelievable. It was my favorite aspect of the story. =)

The Reapers are the Angels hit me hard. Darkly humorous and grotesquely satisfying, it will make any zombie fans ask for more gore. and some. Mr. Alden Bell, you made me cry. But I still want more.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reapers are the Angels.

Quotes Maria Liked

Alden Bell
“The world, it treats you kind enough so long as you're not fightin against it.”
Alden Bell, The Reapers are the Angels

05/02/2012
22.0% "oh, zombies. i miss you!"
05/03/2012
30.0% "Temple! you are such a bad-*ss. ;)"
72.0% "horror. gore. fun. :D" 2 comments
05/04/2012
100.0% "F*****ck!!! Not this kind of ending again! Waaaaa!"
05/04/2012
100.0% "F*****ck!!! Not this kind of ending again! Waaaaa!"

Tina Sigh, this book. I loved Temple's "friendship" with Maury too. :)

Maria yeah. that's cool too. ;)

Kwesi 章英狮 Ay naku, I want to read this one at baka after reading Monstress.

Wendy Darling Ohhhhhh, I'm so glad you loved it, Maria! Yay.