Ronyell's Reviews > Married By Morning

Married By Morning by Lisa Kleypas

Apr 18, 13

bookshelves: british-hero-or-heroine, english-books, historical-romance, lisa-kleypas, manners, sexy-bad-boy-hero, aar-top-100-romance-books-2010, my-blog-reviews, adult-book
Recommended for: LK fans!!!
Read from August 23 to September 10, 2011

After reading Tempt Me at Twilight, I was dying to read the next book in the series, “Married by Morning” and I was so glad to get the chance to read this little gem of a novel! This time, it is Leo Hathaway’s turn to fall in love and what other person could he ever fall in love with than the Hathaways’ uptight paid companion, Catherine Marks! As usual in all of the “Hathaway” series, this novel is filled with drama, mystery, suspense and hot sizzling romance that will have any romance novel fan vying for more hot stuff out of the romance!

For the past two years, Catherine Marks has been the paid companion to the Hathaway sisters and even though she gets along quite nicely with them, she is always arguing constantly with the older Hathaway brother and lord of the estate, Leo Hathaway. One terrible day however, the Hathaways received a letter from the original owners of the Ramsay estate telling the Hathaway family that they will take the estate away from them unless Leo marries someone and produces an heir within a year to save the estate. Can Leo find someone to marry before time runs out and does Catherine truly love Leo?

Wonderful, wonderful work Lisa Kleypas! Lisa Kleypas has certainly done an excellent job at writing a story full of drama, mystery and sizzling romance which made this novel worthwhile for any romance novel fan! I also loved the character development that Lisa Kleypas incorporates into her characters as I truly sympathize with their situations and it was also nice seeing all of the Hathaway family together again and the mischievous antics they get into. But the two characters that I was most fond of were Catherine Marks and Leo Hathaway as they were the two most unusual yet interesting hero and heroine I have ever read about. Catherine Marks was an extremely interesting heroine as she has plenty of spunk and independence that put anyone to shame, but she also harbors a dark past that makes her distant towards any kind of men, especially towards Leo and it was that part of Catherine’s personality that I found the most interesting about her character since I rarely read about heroines whose dark pasts makes them have trouble trusting anyone. Leo Hathaway is definitely one hero that is one of a kind and he is currently on my list of my top romance heroes! Leo Hathaway is a truly unique hero because he can be so hilarious, charming and dangerous all at the same time and I especially loved his smart comments he says towards Catherine that drives her insane all the time! I also loved how Leo can be so caring and intuitive when it comes to Catherine’s past and it was interesting and dreamy seeing him comfort Catherine through her times of need as it shows that Leo is a truly kind-hearted character despite his scandalous past. Also, the best part I liked about Leo is how his body is described as being lean and muscular and that is an aspect that I loved reading about in all my romance heroes! Romance fans will definitely love the sex scenes between Catherine and Leo as it was hot and spicy and I have enjoyed every scene with them together!

For those of you who do not like sex scenes, this book has plenty of it. So, if the sex scenes make you feel uncomfortable, feel free to skip over these scenes.

Overall, “Married by Morning” is easily one of the most emotionally driven novels in the famous “Hathaway” series and Lisa Kleypas fans will definitely enjoy this timeless tale of trust and true love!

Review is also on: Rabbit Ears Book Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Married By Morning.

Quotes Ronyell Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“I love you, Marks. My heart is completely and utterly yours. And unfortunately for you, the rest of me comes with it.”

Lisa Kleypas
“You seem to think you have a choice," Cam said. "But you have it backwards. Love chooses you. The shadow moves as the sun commands.”
tags: love

Lisa Kleypas
“Leo smiled and stroked her hair. 'We'll both be fine, Marks. We've just begun our journey...and there's so much we have yet to do.' He spoke more softly as he heard her breathing turn even and steady. 'Rest against my heart. Let me watch over your dreams. And know that tomorrow morning, and every morning after that, you'll awaken next to someone who loves you.'

'Dodger?' she mumbled against his chest, and he grinned.

'No, your confounded ferret will have to stay in his basket. I was referring to myself.'

'Yes, I know.' Catherine slid her hand up to his cheek. 'Only you,' she said. 'Always you.”

Lisa Kleypas
“I know I'm a bad bargain. But I'm begging you to have me anyway. Because I want a chance to make you as happy as you make me. I want to build a life with you."

He fought to steady his voice. "Please come to me, Cat, because there's no surviving you. You don't have to love me back. You don't have to be mine. Just let me be yours.”

08/23/2011 page 20
6.0% "Love is starting between Leo and Catherine!!" 2 comments
08/28/2011 page 80
23.0% "Uh oh! Leo's in trouble!!" 2 comments
09/08/2011 page 210
62.0% "Yay!! I'm hoping Leo and Catherine get married soon!!"
09/09/2011 page 341
100.0% "Finished!! Review soon to come!" 2 comments

Comments (showing 1-12)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* Ronyell, I just loved Leo and Catherine in that book!

Ronyell Yeah! They are hilarious together!!!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Great review, Ronyell. You said it well!

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Wonderful review, as always, Ronyell!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* Loved your review, Ronyell!

Ronyell Thanks everyone!!! :D

Shawna Great review, Ronyell! Kleypas's heroes are the best in romance, and Leo is one of my top faves!

Ronyell Thanks Shawna!! Leo's my top favorite hero also!!

SheLove2Read One of my all time favorite LK novels.

Ronyell Sherri *Wannabe Rock Chick* wrote: "One of my all time favorite LK novels."

Mine too, next to Devil in Winter and Blue-Eyed Devil!

message 2: by Jaz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jaz My favourite of the Hathaways series! Leo is hot and hilarious :D <3

Ronyell Jaz wrote: "My favourite of the Hathaways series! Leo is hot and hilarious :D <3"

Yeah! Leo was awesome in this book!