Laura's Reviews > Magic of the Moonlight

Magic of the Moonlight by Ellen Schreiber

Sep 14, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, magic, lowest-quality-books-ever, romance, shapeshifters, young-adult, werewolves, reviews
Recommended to Laura by: None of my friends, thank God!
Recommended for: NO!!! GET AWAY!!!
Read from July 07 to September 14, 2012, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** My review for Once in a Full Moon started out talking about Taco Bell, so now I don't know where to start here. Checkers? Hungry Howies? Because let's be honest, is there anyone in the world who actually wants to talk about this "book"? (Ignoring fools who like it and blissfully ignorant people who haven't read it.)

But then, my review will seem like a masterpiece compared to this book, so I will start from a random place - the end. Someone take a knife and drive it through my skull, because that was possibly the worst ending to a book I have ever read(possibly, because can you really beat Breaking Dawn?).

"Beware a bite under the full moon; it will complicate your love life."

Oh, no! Not my love life! PLEASE GOD NO! NEVER THAT!!! Please make it something life threatening instead!

If you know me, you might know I hate Twilight. But I have got to give it to Meyer, even she made a threat of death in her vampire book. I guess werewolves don't care about dying, though. Their biggest fear is having a complicated love life. I don't think I've ever used this before, but... *facepalm*

The big thing in the ending is that Celeste has to *gasp* kiss her horrid ex-boyfriend! Isn't that the most awful thing you've ever heard of? I mean, Bella Suewan had a whole army of vampires after her, but what if she had to kiss Jake to save herself? Now, that would have been bad. Good thing she got away with almost dying instead. (You know something's bad if it's bad compared to Twilight!)

And I cannot in my whole life rant enough about how crappy these werewolves are. They don't turn into wolves, they turn into hippies with fangs. B acts completely the same when it's his time of the month as he does any other time. How lame is that? But then when Nash changes he's different, more aggressive and stuff. Does that make sense to you? Because it sure doesn't to me.

After I read Once in a Full Moon, I decided I would read all these books just because they make me laugh so much. But this book was disappointing. It wasn't funny. It was boring, and that made me sad(and mad). So I probably won't be reading the next ones, but we'll see.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic of the Moonlight.

07/09/2012 page 70
08/30/2012 page 190
83.0% "Blagh. This one isn't funny stupid like the first one. It's just stupid. :("
09/05/2012 page 190
82.0% "Blagh. This one isn't funny stupid like the first one. It's just stupid. :("
09/05/2012 page 209
91.0% "Stupid... and boring. *Yawn* This book will not be getting the "so-bad-they're-funny" shelf."