Josh's Reviews > In Search of Lost Time

In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust

Jun 17, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from August 23, 2011 to June 17, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Search of Lost Time.

11/30/2011 page 1364
32.0% "2/7 volumes read: I see so much of myself and the people around me in this book. Proust creates uncannily realistic characters and his observations on life are totally engrossing. This novel is amazing. Marvelously about life indeed."
01/13/2012 page 2304
55.0% "3/7 volumes read: Anyone who says that brevity is the soul of wit hasn't read Proust."
02/19/2012 page 2900
69.0% "4/7 volumes read: the endless dinner parties seem to drag a bit at the start of the volume but Proust manages to return to his digressive brilliance before the end."
05/06/2012 page 3400
81.0% "5/7 volumes read: Proust managed to describe every longing and anxiety I have ever felt for another person. This is more an encyclopedia of human nature than a novel. Everything is here. A writer for the ages, this guy. Next to the second volume, this is probably my favorite book of the novel."
05/20/2012 page 3700
88.0% "6/7 volumes read: This novel is maddeningly brilliant. Maddeningly because it's a long and exhausting read and brilliant because it's worth every second of it. I mean, what other novel can you say you're almost finished when you still have 500 pages left to read? I love it, but I'm not going to lie, it'll be a huge relief when I finish this beast."