Megan's Reviews > One Grave at a Time

Sep 23, 11

bookshelves: vampire-romance
Read from September 07 to 22, 2011

Book 6 in the Night Huntress series

I really enjoyed this story, which is refreshing since I was disappointed in the previous two. Although, I feel there is no new/more details/plot with the love between Cat and Bones. I feel this series is now about the bad guys and what they do together to fight them. I wish Ms. Frost hadn’t had Cat and Bones get together so early in the series, it feels a little anti-climactic.

As we assumed from the end of the last book, Don (Cat’s uncle) is now a ghost. And the secret government organization that she used to work for has a new boss that replaces her friend Tate- he’s a real jerk of a guy called Madigan (Don and Madigan apparently hated each other). Nothing really comes to light as to what Madigan is up to or why he is now Tate’s boss. I’m assuming this is set up for the next book(s). The real plot lies with a former Inquisitor (witch hunter who wrote Malleus Maleficarum, Hammer of the Witches) called Heinrich Kramer who is now a ghost, but is able to take physical form on Halloween in order to rape, torture, and burn three women. Fabian’s friend Elisabeth was a victim of Kramer’s before she died and turned ghost herself. Elisabeth has made it her mission to try to kill Kramer. Now that she has befriended Fabian and his friends are the powerful Cat and Bones, she is hoping her goal gets fulfilled. But how do you kill a ghost?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Grave at a Time.

09/08/2011 page 50