Teresa 's Reviews > Graffiti Moon

Aug 23, 2011

bookshelves: arc-s
Read from August 23 to 25, 2011

***Received from NETGALLEY***

On the last night of her senior year, Lucy is convinced by her BFF Jazz to go out and create everlasting memories. Along with a mutual friend Daisy, the three go out in search of a night of adventure. All Lucy really cares about is finding the city’s mysterious graffiti artist who goes by the name of ‘Shadow’. Lucy’s fallen in love with him through his work over the years, - except Lucy has never actually SEEN him. No one has. Jazz and Daisy agree to help her search for Shadow, and knows some guys who claim to know who Shadow is. One of those guys being Ed, someone she went on a sort-of-date with two years ago that ended with less than perfect results.

When Lucy and Ed get separated from the rest of the group throughout the course of the night, they both discover that what you may be seeking the most, whether it be a specific person or acceptance, open your eyes. Those things may be right in front of your face.

This is book originally came out in Australia in 2010, and lucky for us in the US, it’s being released here. It’s an easy book to over look, but shouldn’t be. Before requesting this story from NetGalley I read other readers review’s on GoodReads. One of those said something along the lines, ‘If you are in a slump and don’t know what to read next, read this! You won’t regret it.’ And those are the words I’m passing on to you. Author Cath Crowley obviously knows her stuff when it comes to art, and paints scenes so vivid you can see them even if your eyes are seeing words on a page. The love story keeps you in suspense until the last few pages. (So much that I was late to work today!)

A quick read because you won’t want to put it down since you get both Lucy & Ed’s POV’s.

4 out of 5 STARS
Cath Crowley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graffiti Moon.

08/23/2011 page 63
24.0% "Language is pretty harsh, but so far, so good!"
08/24/2011 page 171
67.0% "I always love books that give the guys POV too."