Amanda K's Reviews > Never Cry Werewolf

Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis

Sep 04, 11

bookshelves: 2009-n-under, 2011-read-list, standalone-novels, ya, wishlist, reviews-written
Read in August, 2011

Also reviewed on my blog, the Vintage Bookworm (http://www.vintagebookworm.blogspot.com)

Never Cry Werewolf is a short, fun read. It is pretty fast paced, but enjoyable. Shelby was a good character, but at the same time I didn't really connect with her full-heartily. All the characters were lacking a bit of depth, they were fun to read about, but didn't seem completely real.

Shelby's step-mother really annoyed me, sometimes she seemed like she really cared, but then others you could tell it was mostly fake. She just wanted Shelby out of her and her new husband's life. I could tell Shelby really missed her mom. I felt really bad for her.

She really annoyed me with the camp thing, I mean, to me it didn't sound too bad. I mean, it was a little annoying but it was a lot better than the desert camp her step-mother was wanting her to go to. So I really wish she wouldn't have been so whiny.
Austin sounded hot! Seriously, hot accent, seemed kind of rocker boy style and he had a rocker dad! Awesome! I knew from the beginning about his dark secret, everything was a bit predictable.

Overall, I don't really have much to say about this book other than it was an enjoyable read. It left me wanting to know more about what happened to Shelby and Austin after camp. There is a novella sequel on eBook called Sometimes By Moonlight. I might check it out when I can, I'm sad that she had to self publish it on eBook, it's only 92 pages! Oh well, maybe Harperteen will let her re-publish it through them on hardcopy and maybe she'll write a longer sequel. =)

The cover is pretty, it fits the story well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Cry Werewolf.