The Window Seat's Reviews > Storm's Heart

Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison

May 27, 12

Read from August 23 to 24, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I liked Dragon Bound, the first book in Thea Harrison's Elder Races Series, but I loved Storm's Heart. This is a series which introduces the reader to a world where shapeshifters and magic coexist with our own. In creating this world, Thea Harrison creates an eminently believable fantasy world. On the one hand, this story happens in present day Chicago. On the other hand, it happens in a magical fantasy world.

There was a very different feel to this book, compared to Dragon Bound. It is good when two books from the same series are still very much their own stories and these books fulfill that. In this story, Niniane, also known as "Tricks", Dragos' (the main character in Dragon Bound) PR faerie, is off to claim her rightful place as the heir to the Dark Fae throne. The problem is that there are factions within the Dark Fae demesne that do not want her to take that throne. Next thing you know, her life is in danger and she is feeling lost and alone without her adopted Wyr family around to protect her.

For the full review, please go to http://thewindowseat13.blogspot.com/2...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm's Heart.

Quotes The Window Seat Liked

Thea Harrison
“I don't know all the answers. Nobody does; nobody can. Take hold of this, Niniane. Take hold of me, and don't let go for anything.”
tags: tiago

Thea Harrison
“Oh, I don’t want to pat you on the head, faerie,” he said low in his throat in a deep purring growl that vibrated through her body. He bent closer until his lips brushed hers. “I want to fuck your mouth.”

Thea Harrison
“You’re not as sexy as I think you are.” She squinted. Wait. That hadn’t come out right.”

Thea Harrison
“He had come for her. He had promised everything was going to be okay, and he had come for her, and he had looked so crazy-sexy. No, monstrous. No, sexy. Oh damn.”

Thea Harrison
“All of Dragos’s sentinels were mean and barbaric and sexy. Even that weird harpy-bitch Aryal, who she might have a teensy girl crush on. You know, in a totally hetero kind of way.”

Thea Harrison
“A look came into his dark eyes, a new expression she could'nt decipher. He stroked her lips with his thumb and stared at her like he had never seen her before.”

Thea Harrison
“My give-a-shit button's broken. You're my boy, and I say no.
Rune to Tiago”

Thea Harrison
“Tiago decided he enjoyed armchair warfare. It was so comfortable, and there were pastries.”

Thea Harrison
“Her compact, curvaceous body was laid out like some kind of offering to a pagen god. As someone who had once been a pagen god, he knew what he was talking about . . .”

Thea Harrison
“I like pink lipstick…and pretty shoes..... Much to my surprise, I find that I do too.”