Chris's Reviews > It's Your Time: Finding Favor, Restoration, and Abundance in Your Life Every Day

It's Your Time by Joel Osteen

Aug 23, 2011

bookshelves: inspiration, favorites
Recommended for: inspiration, motivation, hope
Read in January, 2010 — I own a copy

Tea: I believe I will have another cup
Overall a very positive and inspiring book for those who may have lost hope in their lives ever changing.
While I don't consider myself a religious person, subscribing to a specific faith, I did appreciate the spirituality in this book. I had to look past the religious references, for myself, to find the deeper meaning behind the Bible passages. I also preferred the real life examples in the book to the passages from the scripture.
As some reviewers have stated, if you have read his previous books, or watched him on TV, this book does contain a lot of the same messages and some of the same stories. I wasn't too bothered by this because they're still great messages. After all, a lot of the inspiring stories relay a similar message, how one person overcame a seemingly insurmountable obstacle to achieve a goal or dream.
I find for myself, I can never be too inspired and I'm willing to look beyond my own beliefs for inspiration and hope.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Your Time.