Mimi Valentine's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Three words I would use to describe this book: Hilarious. Heartwarming. BRILLIANT.

I was looking for another 'H' word to summarize it, but brilliant seemed to fit better than anything else — because that's exactly what Stephenie Perkins proved she was by writing this book! Everything about it was just so magical.

I've always wanted to go to Paris, and reading this book fueled my desire even more. Perkins has an amazing talent of writing details so that you're always intrigued and never bored. The storyline was perfectly crafted, and the way she wrote such specific aspects about her characters made them that much easier to connect to.

Anna was the perfect voice for the novel! Her thoughts were always fun and hilarious to follow; I could always relate to her no matter what she did. And her chemistry with St. Clair stole my breath away every time. They were perfect together. But Perkins didn't just write "they were perfect together" — the author showed it through moments that were just as much fun to read as I'm sure they were for Anna to experience.

Beautiful, enchanting, and one-hundred percent entertaining, I have to say that Anna and the French Kiss was honestly my favourite contemporary novel of the year! I recommend it wholeheartedly! Stephenie Perkins is definitely an author I'm going to watch out for. :)

BUY or BORROW?: This is a contemporary shelf must-have! Buy it and love it and gush about it with me!

(Original review at Mimi Valentine's YA Review Blog)
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

Quotes Mimi Liked

Stephanie Perkins
“I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.”

Stephanie Perkins
“Boys turns girls into such idiots.”

Stephanie Perkins
“Is it possible for home to be a person and not a place?”