Gretchen Kruesi's Reviews > It's Probably Nothing: More Adventures of a Vermont Country Doctor

It's Probably Nothing by Beach Conger

Aug 23, 11

Read in August, 2011

What a great book. It has humor and common sense that you don't see with many doctors. It is a must read. Each chapter is centered around a particular patient and is both funny and poignant. I found myself laughing throughout the book.

Description:
Written with great humor, wisdom, common sense, and compassion, It's Probably Nothing is a uniquely American memoir by a very insightful American individualist. I loved it."Duct Tape. This new collection sees Conger and his wife yearning for new challenges and relocating to the suburbs of Philadelphia after 25 years in mythical Dumster, Vermont. Conger gamely takes a job in a teaching hospital in the poorest part of the city and gets to experience urban bureaucratized medicine and its trials—a far cry from the more idiosyncratic and hands-on version he practiced in Vermont. After 5 years Conger and his wife move back to Dumster, where he rediscovers more about his patients' capacity to both cope and cherish one another than he expected.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Probably Nothing.