Franjessca 's Reviews > Amaranth

Amaranth by Rachael Wade

Dec 19, 11

bookshelves: book-to-review, vampires, paranormal-romance, books-read-in-2011
Read from December 07 to 13, 2011

Review also posted on my link text

Loves reading books from New Authors that I have never read books from. I came across Rachael Wade on Creative Reviews on Goodreads. Goodreads is one of my FAVE sites that I'm always on. I'm addicted to finding new books and new authors and I'm glad I came across Rachael Wade and her book "Amaranth". I had a hard time putting down "Amaranth". I was determined to finish the book before the new year got here. Being a Mom of two girls...that goal can sometimes be challenging, but after a night of staying up late and dealing with grogginess the next morning...I finished "Amaranth". =)
What are some things I enjoyed about this book...the storyline that Rachael writes, the characters, the emotional ride she takes you on, and the ending. A brief description of the book:
Poor Camille just wants to get away from her old life. Seems the girl can't catch a break from the bad guys she keeps hooking up with until she meets Gavin in Paris when she's visiting. She never thought though, she would meet him again while she was at work in Louisiana and attending college...but she did. The handsome stranger, Gavin comes into her life and changes her view of what guys should be. She's used to being used and abused by guys...but Gavin teaches her the guys should treat her with respect and love her. What she doesn't know is Gavin has a dark secret and can she handle it if he tells her?
Rachael Wade definitely tells you a different side of the Vampires. Not only do they suck blood...but they suck energies, desires, etc.
She doesn't copy from other authors about Vampires. She creates her own world and brings back what Vampires are really. I just have to remind everyone that Vampires are not meant to Sparkle and their lethal creatures, just like Rachael writes about in "Amaranth". In fact I was scared for the characters when they went to face their Creator. You'll just have to read the book to find out.
As far as the characters, I loved Camille and Gavin. They definitely were meant to meet each other. I loved how Rachael takes you through the emotional journey of Camille's life and even Gavin's. It makes you love them more and feel sorry for them.
If you love reading a book that brings back what a TRUE Vampire is, you'll enjoy this book. You'll also enjoy the storyline to it.
Just a warning, you may not like the cliffhanger at the end. I'm all for cliffhangers. That is what makes a GOOD Trilogy. A book that leaves you begging for more, makes you want to read the next one.
I can't wait to read the next book because Rachael definitely leaves you hanging at that end of this book. I was not expecting that cliffhanger. Another good reason why I love Rachael's writing style. I love Authors that throw you off. =)
Thank you again, Rachael for giving me the chance to read and review your book. =)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amaranth.

12/11/2011
12/13/2011
76.0% "Definitely finishing this book today. :)"
show 2 hidden updates…