Chelsia's Reviews > A Fortune-Teller Told Me: Earthbound Travels in the Far East

A Fortune-Teller Told Me by Tiziano Terzani

Apr 14, 08

bookshelves: greatread
Read in March, 2008

In truth, this book made me wanted to visit laos and burma, the only two asean countries that my teva yet to set foot on. :)

Interesting quotes and extracts from the book:
"Life is full of opportunities. The problem is to recognise is them when they present themselves and it isnt't always easy."

"Travel is an art and one must practised it in a relaxed way, with passion, with love."

"Love the one you marry, not marry the one you love."

Love this short extract on Silence...and if you realise, the parent word Silent shares the same alphabets as Listen....
"The silence was a great discovery. Without the foreground of other people's words, I realised that the glorious beauty of nature was in its silence. I looked at the stars and hear their silence, the moon made no sound, the sun rose and set without a whisper.In the end even the noise of the waterfall, the bird calls, the rustle of the wind in the trees, seemed part of a stupendous, living, cosmic silence which I loved and in which I found peace."

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Fortune-Teller Told Me.