Susan's Reviews > The Penderwicks on Gardam Street

The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall

Aug 27, 11

Read from August 23 to 27, 2011

Somehow this book manages to be EVEN BETTER than the first PENDERWICKS novel. I've already made it clear that my love for book 1 knows no bounds, but I've gotta say: I liked book 2 more.

The Penderwick sisters are back and more endearing than ever. Plus, we've some new characters to fall in love with. Batty remains my favorite, but Tommy comes in at a close second.

And how cool is that the cat's name is Asimov--just like MY dog. Clearly Ms. Birdsall and I think alike. Er...right?

The setting, the mystery, and the hilarity continue in THE PENDERWICKS ON GARDAM STREET. Do NOT miss this one.

Now, I'm off to buy book 3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Penderwicks on Gardam Street.

08/23/2011 page 1
0.0% "I am so excited to start this book... My little heart wants to cry (happily) at my first glimpse of this first page. Oh Penderwicks, let the newest adventure begin!"
08/24/2011 page 15
5.0% "After finishing the prologue, I find myself WEEPING INCONSOLABLY. Must read on...if I can see through all these dratted tears."
08/24/2011 page 83
26.0% "I think this book might somehow be even better than the first... Who knew that was even possible?"
08/25/2011 page 269
84.0% "Ah! YES. I was rooting for that particular romance..."