Shannon C.'s Reviews > Angels' Flight

Angels' Flight by Nalini Singh

Mar 01, 12

bookshelves: vampires, magic-special-powers
Recommended for: paranormal romance fans

Angels’ Dance: One of the best new paranormal novellas I've read in the past year (ranking up there with Silver Shark by Ilona Andrews and A Family Affair by Karen Chance). Although I liked Jessamy in the earlier Guild Hunter books, Galen was my least favorite of Raphael's Seven--so I really wasn't looking forward to this story. But Singh made me a believer--what a great read!!

The character and relationship development is well done. I loved the background this story provides, since it's set 400 years in the past. Raphael is a new archangel and he's in process of assembling his key players (who we later know as the Seven). I liked the glimpses/history of Illium, Jason, Aodhan, etc. We get to see how Bluebell got his name. :) This makes me want to do a re-read of Angel's Blood! What a great series...

Although it can be read as a standalone, you'll get more enjoyment from this story if you read Angel's Blood & Archangel's Kiss first. That way, you'll be invested in the characters that you get glimpses of in this story.

The other stories in this collection have been published previously, and are very good reads. If you didn't catch them the first time around, now is your chance.

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels' Flight.