Peggy's Reviews > Return to Summerhouse

Return to Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux

F_50x66
Aug 23, 11

Read in August, 2011

Three patients of Jeanne's are asked to spend one week at her house in Maine to help each other get over the traumas each has endured. Amy, Zoe and Faith are very unalike. Like the orginal book, Summerhouse, the ladies discover Madame Zoya's shop and select time travel with the option of being able to change the destiny of their lives.
Early in the book, Faith was telling her story and it really captured my interest, but Deveraux chose Amy's story to highlight and the bulk of the book was spent on her time travel. Zoe and Faith went with her and they spent 3 weeks in 1800's England.
I found that after they returned to Maine, the book rapidly wrapped up the stories of all 3 in such a quick, forced manner, I was left confused and unsatisfied.
The whole plot of mysteriously finding Madame Zoya, doing the time travel with the choice of changing one's destiny worked really well for the first book, but was not as intriguing in the second.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Return to Summerhouse.